Medical Grade Chemical Peels
What is a Jessner Peel?
Jessner peels are aimed at targeting acne, congested pores, pigmentation, sun damage and scar tissue to enhance cell renewal and stimulate collagen. By breaking down dead skin cells and reducing inflammation, Jessner peels can leave the skin feeling hydrated and supple and appearing firm and plumped.
Jessner peels can be performed every 2 - 4 weeks for up to six treatments.
What is a TCA Peel?
TCA peels are aimed at targeting sun damage, ageing and hyperpigmentation to reveal healthy luminous skin and enhance cellular renewal. It removes imbalanced outer layers which helps to eliminate fine lines and wrinkles to leave the skin feeling supple, clear and hydrated with a revitalised and plumped appearance.
TCA peels can be performed every 2 – 4 weeks for up to six treatments.
Chemical Peel Q&As
Are there any side effects?
You may experience redness, dryness, flaking, temporary darkening of the skin and mild irritation for a few days post treatment. Peeling and crusting of the skin can last up to 10 days.
Are there any contraindications?
Contraindications of chemical peels include pregnancy, breastfeeding, active skin infections and roaccutane in the last six months.
Prior to your treatment, it is recommended to follow these pre-treatment instructions:
- No skin treatments, exfoliation treatments or resurfacing procedures such as laser, IPL, microdermabrasion, skin needling, dermaplaning, AHA, BHA or Vitamin A treatments within the last two weeks
- No cosmetic injections (anti-wrinkle & dermal filler) within the last two weeks
- No waxing in the area to be treated within the last 48 hours
After your treatment, it is recommended to follow these post-treatment instructions:
- You MUST apply SPF 30+ sun protection after all treatments to protect your skin from sun damage.
- Avoid sun exposure for 48 hours
- Avoid chlorinated water, saunas, spas for 48 hours
- Do not use BHA, AHA's or retinoids until the peeling subsides, usually after 10 days.
- Do not pick, exfoliate or scratch the treated area
- Wash skin with gentle cleanser, DO NOT use toners/alcohol/skincare with active ingredients such as AHA, BHA or retinoids, apply moisturiser such as Vitamin B, Vitamin E or hyaluronic acid-based moisturisers to keep the skin hydrated.